What is NJMC Direct?
In the United States, millions of traffic tickets are issued every year. Each state has its own set of traffic regulations to deal with traffic offenses ranging from infractions to misdemeanors and felonies. The state of New Jersey also has its own traffic regulations. If you receive a traffic ticket in New Jersey, you can opt to pay your fine either in court or online. NJMC Direct is a web portal (http://www.njmcdirect.com) operated by the New Jersey Municipal Court that allows users to pay traffic tickets online.
Imagine a scenario where you partied till late at night on a Sunday and then woke up late on Monday. On top of waking up late, you realized that you were late for your early morning meeting. So, to reach office in time, you ended up breaking the speeding limit, and you were promptly issued a speeding ticket by traffic cops. Sounds familiar?
Well, a speeding violation is one of the most common traffic offenses and also one of the harshest in terms of fines. Reckless or dangerous driving, driving under the influence (DUI), running over Red lights are some other traffic rules which are often broken.
Regardless of whether you broke the traffic rules accidentally or purposefully, you’ll be issued a traffic ticket. You might think that visiting the court is a must to pay your traffic fine. With your packed schedule, finding time to go to the court is next to impossible. But failure to appear before the court can have serious consequences.
However, with the launch of the NJMCDirect portal, you don’t have to worry about visiting courts and standing in long queues to pay your traffic fine. You can now pay your New Jersey traffic fine directly through the NJMCDirect web portal without having to be physically present in the court.
Guide to Pay Traffic Ticket Online via NJMCDirect
Once you’re booked with a traffic violation, you’ll be issued a traffic ticket. You’ll be given time to respond to this ticket. In case of a traffic violation; you need not be present in the court, you can pay the fine online.
To pay your traffic fine online at http://www.njmcdirect.com, you’ll need to keep a few things handy…
- Traffic Ticket: The Ticket Number, the prefix code, the Court ID, and the type of traffic violation will all be mentioned on this ticket.
- License Plate Number: You’ll need to enter your license plate number or car registration number. This number is generally found under the vehicle information or on your driving license.
- Credit Card or Internet Banking Details: Since it is an online portal, you don’t need to pay cash. You can pay your fine via a credit card or a debit card of any bank (a 3% transaction charge is levied on the use of these cards). If you don’t have a credit or a debit card, other payment options are also available.
Other than the key things mentioned above, the most important thing that you’ll need to keep in mind is the Online Payment Hours of NJMCDirect. This web portal is not available for 24-hours. Hence, you’ve to pay your fines within the stipulated hours.
Here are the operational hours of NJMCDirect:
- Monday to Thursday – 4:30 AM to 11:15 PM (EST)
- Friday – 4:30 AM to 10:15 PM (EST)
- Saturday – 4:30 AM to 3:15 PM (EST)
- Sunday – 1:00 PM to 11:15 PM (EST)
Steps to access the Njmcdirect payment portal:
- Open your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.)
- Search for the “NJMCdirect online website” in the search engine of your browser or directly type the website address http://www.njmcdirect.com. Once you’re on the website, you’ll see boxes asking for Court ID, Prefix, Ticket Number, and Licence Plate Number. Fill in all the details accurately and click on Continue.
- On the next page, you’ll be provided with two options:
- View NJMC Direct Ticket (to view your Ticket)
- NJMC Direct Ticket Payment (to start the payment process)
- Click on Process NJMC Direct Ticket Payment to proceed to the next step of payment
- Pay your traffic fine using either a credit card or a debit card
On successful payment of the traffic fine on the NJMC Direct, your details will be directly uploaded on the municipal court database. Even if you stay outside the New Jersey area, NJMC Direct allows you to make an online payment for your traffic ticket.
You can pay traffic fines easily with NJMC Direct. NJMC Direct is a safe, secure, convenient, and the fastest way to get to your traffic ticket data on the web. Through the NJMCDirect online website, you can make your payment on-the-go.